View Single Post

Old 05-14-2015, 04:12 PM

Liked 6,618 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomballistics View Post
Cute. Enjoyed it.

I've always liked that actor, too.

One way I sometimes try to put things into perspective for some of the guys & gals with whom I work (and help train, as an instructor), is to put them through some more demanding drills which they aren't expecting (and for which they're probably unprepared, not having had the chance to see other shooters perform them ).

Then, when the results are randomly placed misses and "beach ball" size patterns, I ask them whether they think any existing personal 'preference' for caliber (or even a favored brand of JHP) is something they think is really going to offset that sort of skillset issue.

Ditto not making the right choice in a "judgment" scenario, meaning correctly seeing and identifying a threat/non-threat (shoot/no-shoot).

Equipment (meaning caliber, capacity, etc) is still just equipment, and it's the user influence that's probably going to drive things in one direction or another. Not everyone seems as interested in focusing on making better choices for "improving the user", as they seem to do for improving the equipment.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 05-14-2015 at 04:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: