View Single Post

Old 05-15-2015, 10:17 AM

Liked 1,574 Times in 578 Posts

I picked up two SW40F pistols back when they were throw-aways. As I heard it, they did infringe on the Glock patent, and Glock won a judgement against them, ending production.
I'd be happy to hear any clarification of that.

The Glock slide will fit on the S&W frame, but it won't function. I tried it. That fit was part of the success of the law suit.

Others have said they're OK with the trigger, but I thought it was horrible, along with the sights.

I haven't fired them a lot, maybe 500 rounds through each at most. They are accurate and reliable to that extent.

The Apex trigger kit does a nice job of improving the trigger. As someone else said, they make good truck or garage guns. If I were to carry one, I'd want much better sights. They'd be competing with my S&W M&P357, which I am unlikely to replace.

I am a fan of the 357Sig cartridge and intend to look into barrels for the guns. If I can get them, and better sights, they'll go up considerably in my estimation and get to the range more often.

Question for users: Has anyone measured the muzzle velocity of the .40S&W 180-grain cartridges? Just wondering how they compare to Glocks.
The Following User Likes This Post: