View Single Post

Old 06-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Liked 267 Times in 75 Posts

If you mount the gun w/ an extended support hand in the "High C" position or the traditional palm under the fore-end, any bipod will get in your way. I hear that you don't want something interfering or tearing up your hand while shooting un-supported or off-hand.
I don't use fore-end mounted grips anymore because it slows my response and accuracy while driving the gun on multiple targets. What I have found useful though is to mount a 2" rail to the underside of the fore-end at the muzzle end. When a bipod is detached, you can use it like an index mark to train for consistent hand position.
My preferred method is using the Altas bipod w/ the quick release levers. The Atlas has full leg rotation from front to back, locks in place at any angle, and be used as a fore-end grip for transitions, climbing, etc. It allows preload to control recoil for follow-ups. It is not cheap- $250 but is worth it if you want to excel in your tradecraft. Harris bipods are the only other systems that I would use on my guns. Sorry, I'm spoiled- JMHO

And- Do not mount anything directly to the barrel, it will screw w/ barrel harmonics and you're accuracy will be affected.

Mike