Thread: K22 Outdoorsman
View Single Post

Old 06-11-2015, 04:51 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 46,113 Times in 4,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Novice View Post
New subject:
As I have mentioned I am not a gun collector at all. Here are a couple of questions I hope someone could share insight on.
1. The K22 Outdoorsman I own Serial # 674615 (located on 3-4 areas on the weapon) is original and shoots perfectly. I am considering selling it so this is what I was wondering.
A. Weapon is in very good overall condition however the bluing is visibly worn in some areas. Would you recommend getting it re-blued to enhance it's overall appearance prior to selling it?
B. How does an individual who isn't a dealer even offer a gun for sale for best exposure. I live in Arizona.
GN:

My thoughts on your above questions:

A. For sure - DO NOT refinish . I for one love a little silver in the right places and although it will no longer be a high-end example of a collectible firearm, it still retains its history and wears it proudly.

B. If you really want to sell it (I would recommend against that), AZ is one of the friendliest gun states. I also live in the AZ, but if you really want it to be seen, GunBroker.com or one of the other online auction houses can get the exposure to a national audience. In AZ, you can sell it to another AZ resident in a Face to Face transaction as long as you both have proper AZ identification and you are not selling it to someone who you know cannot legally own the gun. You also get a pretty wide audience of interested parties by selling it in the For Sale section of this forum. If you do this, READ THE Rules, set a price, take lots of clear photos and post it for sale.

The K-22 (both the pre-war Outdoorsman and the pre and post war Masterpiece) are some of my favorite guns...

Last edited by RKmesa; 06-14-2015 at 01:19 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: