View Single Post

Old 06-12-2015, 11:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to add my comments on the new Safariland Comp 1 speedloader for J frame Smith and Wesson revolvers. I own 6 J frames in various model stainless model 60,642, both 38 and 357 with either Ergo grips,Spegel boot grips or Packmayr compac. This speedloader is too wide for this frame gun,period!! I played with it for about one hour and even called Safariland to no avail. Before you ask,yes,I removed the grips to have a naked empty gun in front of me and when properly loaded,the speed loader will not clear the frame enough for the rounds to drop into the five charge holes in order for the "star" wheel to activate the release mechanism. This loader needs to bottom out on the center ejector star in order for proper release. I bought 2 on Amazon for $11 each and promptly returned them. The package is marked for use by Charter and SW model 60 revolvers and has CJ-7 model number emblazoned on the blister packed card. My call to Safariland fell on deaf ears as their comment was "It should fit". Who else has this problem. I'm a 70 year old dealer with 40 years in the gun business. I'm frustrated on this supposedly new and unique loader as opposed to the HKS twist off type used for years albeit on larger framed guns of mine. Ted