View Single Post

Old 06-29-2015, 02:47 AM

Liked 2,499 Times in 1,154 Posts

I've been wanting to do a .22 Kay-Chuk conversion for ages. I even have a spare 17-4 8 3/8" barreled revolver that might get sacrificed. Main hold up is deciding whether to convert the 17 to centerfire or utilize an ugly but excellent shooting Model 19 frame. That or a Post-'94 D&T framed something.

My .22 Jet has not suffered from the cylinder lockup drama. But it's throats are huge! 0.227"+ Bullets of 0.224" diameter fairly well rattle through, so accuracy at distance is generally disappointing. Thus, doing a conversion seems the ideal way to get everything just right. I wouldn't mind if it works out where 0.223" bullets are best- have plenty of those.

Would do another cylinder for the Jet, but it's oddly long and won't work with the usual .22 rimfire cylinders. And no way the rimfire cylinder that came with it is getting modded!

I think that you can use a regular K Hornat reamer if you don't run it all the way in, but you'll have to cut the recesses in a separate operation. Floating pilot sized to the throats. Otherwise you'd need a special reamer done. Thinking I'd rather just rent one!

Last edited by jaymoore; 06-29-2015 at 02:48 AM.