View Single Post

Old 07-02-2015, 06:51 AM

Liked 1,883 Times in 987 Posts

I liked my Redding T7 when I had it. The biggest downside that I found was changing out and setting up the powder through expander for the RCBS Uniflow. In hindsight I could have bought more of the die bodies and had them set up for each caliber. When I got in a Dillon 550 I thought for quite a while about making the switch over--mostly regarding the extra cost involved--since I already wasn't happy with switching caliber on the T7 (powder-through & expanding adjustment)--I was looking at the cost of the quick caliber conversion kits and extra caliber conversion which added nearly $300 in cost. It was nice having 3 handgun calibers set up in the T7 turret, but several would not clearance the rear of the frame--so it couldn't be rotated fully around and you would have to still move dies in and out. While not as fast as the Lee Classic Turret, the T7 was still faster than single stage as you could have all your equipment right in 1 spot and not have to move brass out of press to powder measure, and you could rotate the turret and complete 1 round.

Here was my setup with the T7.

Here is my 550 setup
The Following 3 Users Like Post: