View Single Post

Old 07-02-2015, 03:37 PM

Liked 736 Times in 398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Help me understand you here, Twoboxer. I have used both of the above and changeover with my Lee Classic Turret is just as fast if not faster than my single stage was. All one has to do is get additional turret heads and have the next caliber's dies installed in them, give the one being used a twist and lift it out, and slip the next one in. Then, if the next caliber is a different diameter, unsnap and remove the shellholder from the ram and snap the next one in. Are you thinking of a different brand press, such as novalty's in the above post??

Andy
You're correct - with inexpensive but still extra cost Lee toolheads all your dies remain set up and go in at once, leaving you only with primer and powder changes if applicable. All in all, can be faster than single stage . . . and if it isn't the difference isn't worth talking about lol.

(I never could get small primers to work on that Lee Turret - maybe that had an influence on my write-up. But . . .)

Yes, other turrets may or may not work that way, or have far higher extra cost for toolheads . . . but I did say I was talking only about the Lee Turret . . . the only one I have used . . . guess I slipped up and let the other turrets in lol.

Last edited by Twoboxer; 07-02-2015 at 03:40 PM.