View Single Post

Old 07-02-2015, 04:13 PM

Liked 504 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
If you plan to load a LOT of calibers and do not need MASS quantities of ammo, the Lee CTP is a very affordable way to go.

The Redding T7 or RCBS are high quality presses but expensive, The prices of extra turrets is far more than LEE.

I load a lot of calibers, my total investment in dies, turrets and the press is much less than just a expensive press alone,

Change over is about 3 minutes or so.

As mentioned it is all about how much ammo you need and how much you want to spend. The price of "What Dillion is Right for me" is not the price of the actual press shown, and it does not come with the Hot model!.

I had a RCBS auto progressive, great machine but actually prefer the turret, but that is for my needs.
I really don't see my self loading a lot of ammo but enough I can see the single stage getting a bit slow. As far as calibers 45 and 9 will be 99% of my loading and eventually a FEW 38 Special but don't even have dies for it yet. That J frame is to tough on my hand to shoot too much.

It almost appears if I'm going to spend the cash on something like the Redding T7 I might as well go a bit more and go progressive. Make sense or am I missing something here.

The Lee Classic Turret is starting to look like a pretty good fit for what I see myself loading. I already have RCBS dies for the calibers so one other turret would cover both calibers I have. Then, "down the road" if I end up shooting way more than anticipated and go progressive I won't have too much invested in a turret and I'm sure it won't go to waste.

Of course when I hit the Lotto...and you really burst my bubble about the models not coming with the press.

Last edited by flyrobb; 07-02-2015 at 04:15 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: