View Single Post

Old 07-02-2015, 08:05 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
I chose a turret over a progressive because I want to be able to concentrate on 1 cartridge at a time and manually operate my powder drop, but still have more speed than a single stage.

What's funny is I still look for excuses to buy a high end single stage like a Forster Co-ax or RCBS Summit, but then I sit down at my T-7 turret and that goes away.
You can do exactly that on the 550, what makes it such a great press. 100% control as you manually index. You can run it exactly as a turret, move the shell plate instead of the turret. Go fast go slow, a true upgrade to a ss or turret press.
250rds a month, even a ss press is fine. At 250rds a week, now you are in progressive territory IMO. Loafing along on a 550, only 45min a week. If you don't have much time to shoot, you have even less time to reload.
Cost of gear should really never be the issue. So you spend $400 or $200, that is nothing compared to the time list using slower equip. Not to mention, any progressive will cut your handle pulling by 75%.

Last edited by fredj338; 07-02-2015 at 08:12 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: