View Single Post

Old 07-09-2015, 06:18 PM
US Veteran

Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by series guy View Post
I shoot the same amount as you, maybe a bit more and I have a system that uses all turret presses. I've bought used Lyman All Americans for $60 to $100 each and mounted them on 3/4" plywood along with an RCBS powder measure (also bought used). I have one for each caliber so I can change calibers in 15 - 20 seconds and can load 100 rounds in around 35 . Definitely not Dillon speed but I love using the old equipment and I haven't had to switch or adjust a die in years.
I also use turrent press's. I bought a used Lee three hole press at a LGS for $10.00,removed the auto advavce. Did buy 5 three hole plates. Also found a Lyman turrent press used for $15.00 and use it mostly to prime but did use it before buying the Lee. It's a six hole model.
I disagree with garbler on the Lee, I mostly use Lee equipment and have for 40 years.. I also always crimp rifle loads with the LF C dies. Only my. 204 is not crimped only because I don't have a crimp die in. 204.
The good thing about a Lee turrnt press is you only have to set up dies once. Just change plates when changing calibres

Last edited by sarg1c; 07-09-2015 at 06:29 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: