View Single Post

Old 07-19-2015, 06:56 AM

Liked 12,387 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoppcop View Post
WCCPHD,

AYY-AYZ Serial Prefix? If so, it's a DSS gun. As I stated before, the RSOs and Det Commanders would carry these while the rest of us in uniform carried the 4-inch guns.

In China, I carried my issue Model 19 (with Hogue R/B Monogrips) in my personally-owned Kramer Michigan State Police Paddle and on one of his horsehide belts. Safariland COMP III speedloaders were carried in my strong side sport coat/suit coat outside pocket. Never felt under-armed with it.

Wish Federal would still make the 125gr NYCLAD +P (the same bullet they use in the standard pressure Premium load). The +Ps we used for duty were very accurate in those guns and had some punch.

What do you have as your load? I like today's Golden Saber +P in the Special. Wonderful round.

Serial number begins with "ANP." If S&W numbered them in order then this would have been an earlier one. Although I cannot find it now, I seem to remember a thread speaking to several "runs" of them.

As far as loads, unfortunately like many of my guns, this one has never been fired since I acquired it.

A friend of mine recently found one that is as close to NIB as I have ever seen. He had to pay more but it is absolutely beautiful.
The Following User Likes This Post: