View Single Post

Old 07-19-2015, 09:21 PM

Liked 18,685 Times in 7,397 Posts

Interesting that this thread should be resurrected right now. I got a 44 magnum for Father's day and knowing what the ammo costs I started pulling together the stuff I needed to add this caliber to my reloading bench.

For some reason the brass just seemed to be in short supply. I was finding everything I needed EXCEPT brass. None of the local retailers had it, including Cabelas, White Elephant, or Black Sheep - and those last two are well known locally for their stocks of reloading supplies.

Gunbroker had some but with shipping it ended up being around $30-$35 per hundred new and $20-$25 per hundred for once-fired. I finally found a guy on Armslist selling 300 pieces of once-fired in shell-holder boxes (one 100 rounder and four 50 rounders) for $60 including shipping. I jumped on it. I also bought one box of ammo and 43 rounds of once-fired brass from a local guy.

So I now have roughly 400 cases to work with. I don't understand why, but for some reason the brass still seems to be in short supply 4 years after this thread was started.