View Single Post

Old 07-29-2015, 02:23 PM

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default up-date!

Dear All, Allmost a year ago I posted this thread concerning the conversion of my 625 to 9mm.
Some of you advised to just buy one, it wasn't that simple, at that time ;-)
A month later it was: my dealer called out of the blue: he had just received a 627-pc :-) It took almost a year to get the deal through but it was worth waiting for. I feel like having a '69 mustang convertible: pre-lock, pre-MIM and still with a lock in front of the cilinder rod/ejectorrod. It must be one of the first!
After teasing you I hope you still want to help me on this one.

My goal is to shoot IPSC with this gun. Therefor I would like to have some more weight at the front end. I plan to replace the barrel by a barrel-and-shroud system. No worries, back to original in 5min!

“Problem”: it has to be same length, weight and form as any original barrel.
Question: I am now looking for weights/dimensions of 6” (maybe 5 ½”) barrels in .357 so I can adjust my design to have that same weight. Total weights of S&W guns or types or dimensions of any gun or barrel will help me. I don’t know all the types of guns, but you do! (And probably own them) The sort of barrel I am looking for is a beefed up full barrel underlug (without comp).
Total wanted weight of my gun: around 1400gram.
I have data on the 627 6shot classic hunter and 686. The 686 competitor is too much. What I am interested in is, for example, a Dan Wesson (715 HV?). Would love to know what those barrels weighs.
My inspiration comes from the 627 v8 comp, but that is a 5”. Is this including the cap at the front? Does someone have the overall length from protection cap to front cylinder?
Looking forward to hear from you, (and see all these amazing collections)
Best regards
HP