View Single Post

Old 07-30-2015, 12:58 AM
US Veteran

Liked 7,341 Times in 1,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb1 View Post
"...if not for all of these anti-gun types inheriting firearms, we wouldn't have local gun shops filled with nice old S&W revolvers for sale."

This is a great example of how what you see depends on where in the country you live.

Out in Washington the liberals may be getting rid of their old revolvers, but here in Tennessee the people are hoarding them. I was at two gun shops and three pawn shops over the weekend and the gun shops had ZERO old revolvers - not even one. One of the pawn shops had one overpriced Model 38, one had a poorly re-nickeled top-break .38 for $469 (reduced from $499), and the other a re-blued old Colt Police Positive for $500.

A good friend has a gun shop about fifty miles from here (Nashville) and he says he never gets old revolver trade-ins any more.
At the gun shows there are still a few available, but the prices have just about doubled in the past year or so.
More like the Stone Age than the Golden Age for guns around here...
Never thought about it that way! From what I've gleaned from the forum, it seems like the Midwest and the "Rust Belt" states have been the most fruitful for older S&Ws. Maybe that's changing?

We here in WA also succumbed to idiotic legislation that took away our right to sell firearms between private parties. It's possible that this might have a hand in it too. I have never seen the number and quality of used older guns (of any make) as I do now. I'd never bought a used gun in a store before this was passed, all private party.
The Following User Likes This Post: