View Single Post

Old 07-30-2015, 03:27 PM

Liked 4,269 Times in 1,042 Posts
Default My NIB Mauser Luger

Just picked up my NIB Mauser Parabellum (Luger). I've wanted a Luger for a long time now, but I had a dilemma. The old WWI / WWII Lugers are basically collectibles if they are in great or new condition, and of course I would never carry or shoot it. I wanted a NEW Luger, and one that I could shoot regularly AND carry if it proves reliable.

Apparently Mauser (one of the original producers of the Luger) used Swiss tooling to produce the Pistole Parabellum Luger for a run in the 1970's, with Interarms importing them for sale in the US.

Mine came brand new (appears unfired), with the original box, two magazines, cleaning tool, and a tool to load the magazines.

First impressions:
1) It feels amazing in the hand. It balances unlike any pistol I've ever held.
2) The toggle-action is a mechanical marvel.
3) It fits pretty well in my Glock 30 thumb break holster.
4) Magazines are HARD to load!
5) The bluing is very well done.

Any advice from those who know the Luger? I'm thinking of getting some extra mags from MecGar. I've heard so many myths and mixed things about the 'Legendary Luger', I'm not sure what to believe. It seems like a very robust design; is it a durable, long lasting piece? Does anyone know for sure if it is safe to carry / keep a round chambered with the safety engaged?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (37).jpg (178.2 KB, 148 views)
The Following 12 Users Like Post: