View Single Post

Old 08-02-2015, 11:27 AM

Liked 28,166 Times in 8,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvanderg84 View Post
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, as I recently purchased an S&W Sigma sw9f...

I recently made an impulse purchase at a gun show. I don't know much about S&W semi-autos, but I know M&Ps are considered great.

I had just gotten done looking at a Sigma sw9ve for $299. I walk down a ways and see an all black similar gun tagged as an M&P for $400. Looking at the slide i see a different model number, sw9f, so I didn't think any thing was off. I asked him about it and he said it was an earlier model M&P, again no reason to doubt him. Sooo, I end up paying $325 OTD with only one magazine. I get home and begin to research sw9f and realize he lied to my face.

It appears that the Sigma is not too bad, beyond a tough trigger, but I shoot my wheelguns DA so I don't care. My question is this...

DID I GET SCREWED TOO BAD MONEY-WISE??? Will the Sigma be reliable? Can I get mags for less than $30 anywhere? Is the 9f much different from the 9ve, better/worse?

I just feel bamboozled, I guess next time I'll take time to research and not trust people so much...

Thank you all for your responses.
As a general rule, impulse buys are bad for me. Unless it's a grail gun, I don't do it. I don't know if you got "hurt" or not. If you hate it and have to take a loss on the resale, then yes. If you like it, probably not.