View Single Post

Old 08-03-2015, 08:49 AM

Liked 106 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd1976 View Post
A friend of the shooter told me this story.

A big guy picked a bar fight with the shooter, who put 7 25ACP rounds into his chest, instead of his face. This pissed the big guy off and he broke the shooters back in the fight. All 7 rounds were found lodged in the chest muscles. None penetrated into the chest cavity.
That was a tactical error and not a fault of the gun or the ammo.

I carried a Beretta .25 single action only for several years. I practiced "lacing up", that is the first shot to the chest, then next shot a couple of inches up, and then another a couple of inches up. By the time the gun was empty you showed all the rounds in a single line starting with the chest and ending with a shot to the forehead. The neck and nose shots were going to be very effective.

The sights were minimal but so was recoil and it was easy to make accurate placement.

You don't even need heavy muscles to stop a .25, a heavy jacket or a leather one might do as well. So you have to know the limitations and adopt tactics that work for that round.

I never had a failure to fire or a failure to feed with the .25 so I consider it preferable to a .22.