View Single Post

Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,431 Times in 2,506 Posts

I was in Brisbane, Australia in 1991, at the main bus terminal, about to catch a bus to my hotel. I had missed supper and was hungry, so I started looking around what was still open in the food court there. I found a taco stand, run by an Indian man. I got a couple of tacos to go. He asked me if I wanted hot sauce on them, and pointed to a bin that had a concoction that was an eerie flourescent orange, it looked like liquid fire. I said, "I don't think so.", but the tacos were decent anyway.
About Texas chili, there are two types, tournament chili and eating chili. Tournament chili is very basic, meat, chili powder, spices, a little thickner, and usually nothing else. Eating chili may have tomato product, beans (a few, and nothing wierd), and maybe some odd seasoning. This will be the kind that earns People's Choice awards. Tournament chili has to meet standards, eating chili just has to taste great.
My chili tip, use chili grind meat, it's meat, it should have some chew to it. I'm too lazy to finely dice a chuck roast.
The Following User Likes This Post: