View Single Post

Old 08-12-2015, 01:25 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,781 Times in 1,815 Posts

I love K frame snubbies, but my collection of them is sort of weird.

I've ended up with (the gun that started it all) being the nice pre-10 that had hogues on it, so right now it is wearing some jigged bones. Thats on the left. Going clockwise:

Pre-12, alloy cylinder. Lots of wear, supposedly an old Chicago police detective's gun. Seems shootable (but I never will). I have nicknamed it my S&W Hand Grenade.

Model of 1902 1st Change re-barreled at some point in it's life to make it a snubby. It's great.

Pre-War (sorta) shipped post war. Someone upgraded the sights. Very odd gun. Shipped August of '46. Actually an S range gun, except that the S is stamped on the frame under the stocks.

And because of my random luck, another Pre-War, shipped post war, also August of '46. This one though is not S range, it does have the pre-war serial range on it.

I still need a proper high condition pre-war (that shipped pre-war) Snubby, and a really nice high polish half moon round butt (so that the beautiful set of round butt K frame rosewoods I found have a place to live).

Then I will be content.

(no, not really, I'll happily own all the Snubby K frames and buy them until I die).
The Following 4 Users Like Post: