View Single Post

Old 08-19-2015, 12:58 PM

Liked 1,247 Times in 538 Posts
Default Government Resentment??

Why would anyone care about where the extractor is located or what color its sides are painted? Simple. It's a visible reminder that the firearms makers have to occasionally bow down to the Feds. Every businessman that breathes has to do the same in some form or other or get hounded out of business. I look at it differently. AR-15 makers got to keep on making AR's all through the "assault weapons ban" by merely grinding off the bayonet lug. Who looked like a fool in that deal? When did you last see a bayonet on an AR, civilian or military? Smith & Wesson bought indulgence from the idiot Clinton administration by the simple expedient of a safety, operable only by a key that gets lost or thrown away. Who looked silly? Only the chattering class that is offended by clumsy and easily deceived government intrusion. My P.08 Luger has a loaded chamber indicator with the catchy German word "Geladen" (loaded). Don't mind it a bit. It taught me one of the few German words I know. My Walther P-38 and PPKS have elaborate little loaded chamber indicators. Never heard of anybody railing against the Weimar Republic or the Third Reich for their politically correct firearms design intrusion.