View Single Post

Old 08-27-2015, 08:04 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Gun Fan View Post
Only a detailed search of company records would show what happened to your revolver.

Don,

And, the hopes or chances of truly requesting (and dare I say ... receiving) a "detailed search of company records" is .... ? If it is a viable option it is something I did not know existed. If there genuinely exists an option or outlet to do this I would appreciate more info on how and to whom and the cost.

I didn't send off for a letter to precisely quote what would be imprinted as to the disposition of that serial number. It was a mutual colleague of ours ( I won't mention any names except Chuck), who called in to get the verbal that there is no record of the gun being shipped. "Open on the books" or no record of being shipped, with a 4" barrel in nickel six of one or half dozen of the other.

So, are you genuinely offering a viable solution to the mystery, or are you just correcting my verbiage to proper Massachusetts English ... or ... are you really just re-rubbing the salt by saying I'm S.O.L. on getting a letter that says something more than "open on the books" ? ( ... which I already knew.) Thanks, Don.

PS: I added some pix. As you can see by the physical presences of it and the "N" stamp, it not only did leave the factory (without the standard shipping date or "open on the books") it also left the factory in a "N"ickel finish. Ed posted something very interesting i just can't recall where ... the manufacturing Leger, at shop level (or similar purpose record) and the shipping records are two different items. There has been much banter in the forum as to "why" the manufacturing Leger is not available, along with the shipping records that are so coveted by collectors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_4940.jpg (28.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4929.jpg (69.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_4935.jpg (49.0 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by model3sw; 08-28-2015 at 05:03 PM. Reason: addition