View Single Post

Old 08-28-2015, 01:13 PM

Liked 2,652 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain O View Post
While not a "mainstream" cartridge, the .327 still appears perfectly reloadable and effective, exceeding the old .32-20 cartridge in both accuracy and power. Not only does the newer Magnum operate at higher pressures, the accuracy of the newer of the cartridge exceeds the older round as well.

It will be 8 years in November since the cartridge was introduced, and it has yet to go the way of the .41 Action Express.
Unfortunately S&W dropped this caliber almost instantly. They released a couple of J Frames (632 Pro & 632 3") a few years back, did not make many of them, and 327 was gone from the lineup as quickly as it came. I was hoping for a 7 shot K or L frame in 327 with a 3" or 4" barrel, but nothing.

Ruger has done better with the 327 Mag. They currently have a 7 shot single action on the market and just re-released the SP101 in 327 (with a 4.2" barrel). I'm not a single action guy, and really don't care for Ruger's DA revolvers. I know they are built like tanks, but that is the problem. I like my guns to be aesthetically engineered so they are appealing to the eye. Ruger's tank guns are very unattractive to look at in my opinion. I can't get passed it.

Unfortunately I don't see S&W reentering the 327 market. I would be pleasantly surprised if they did, especially if it was a not a J Frame.