View Single Post

Old 09-20-2015, 11:35 PM

Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

AFAIK you should always try to abide by the manual of your firearms. That being said, CIP spec isn't dangerous and I've never heard of any damage done to a gun by shooting eurofodder rated CIP vs SAAMI.

Steel casings act a little differently during the course of internal ballistics tho, so maybe, if your looking for some cheapo range fodder, you might want to try something brass cased, and CIP spec? Is there anything against brass cased CIP spec ammo in your manual?

Sellier and Bellot, PRVI Partisan, and PMC all make good offerings with brass cases at CIP spec (I believe), and all are economically priced.

Anyway, most of the stuff coming from russia these days is that grey polycoat stuff. Never again. I've never had ammo rust on me before in its factory box in my safe. I've also never had a squib before. IMHO that polycoat is just junk.

I used to love the russian ammo for its price range and the green lacquer coat would have kept those steel cases clean thru the apocalypse. If you kept your chamber clean, it was never a problem.

Now, I generally steer clear of most ammo from russia.