View Single Post

Old 09-24-2015, 10:46 PM

Liked 541 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg02 View Post
I have a West Virginia State Police marked S&W 4566, it's the one they had right before the new Melonite finished 4566's. On the left side of the slide from front to back it has the S&W Logo,and then West Virginia State Police & the WVSP Emblem. On the front part of the right side of the slide it has West Virginia State Police & right under that it says, "85 Years of dedicated service 1919-2004. They got these in 2004, and retired them around 2011 I think. I already have one of the new WVSP Melonite finished S&W 4566's lined up. so when they change out again I'll have 2 of them. I also have a West Virginia State Police S&W M&P AR-15 that has West Virginia State Police markings along with their patch logo, and it's brand new in the case.

My buddy actually had one of the West Virginia State Police 40cal S&W Pistols they had right before they went with the 4566 that I have. It had little WVSP Badge's in the Grips, and had the West Virginia State Police on the slide as well. But he sold it without telling me , and if I knew he wanted to sell it I'd have bought it for sure, Then I'd have the last 2 WVSP Pistols, and when I get my Melonite I'd have the last 3. I'm not sure what Model the WVSP 40Cal was, but I do know it was a S&W 40Cal...

The .40 cal was a 4006 with adjustable tritium night sights. Mine is a fantastic example. The DA trigger is great and the SA trigger breaks like a 1911 trigger.

Wish I could have hung on to my 85th anniversary 4566 when I left the department. It was superb pistol as well.

The Following 2 Users Like Post: