View Single Post

Old 09-26-2015, 05:46 PM

Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

Just a thought thats a bit off topic, but this is the era of the media witch-hunt on those who dare use firearms in self defense, to wit: George Zimmerman.
If they went so far as to try to paint a guy with afro-peruvian (its true,on his mothers side, look it up lol) ancestry as a hood wearing member of the klan, its not too far fetched to me to think that they might glom on to a handload as some sort of "evidence" of your malice, should you be forced to defend yourself from one of the leftist medias "chosen".
The entire prosecution of Zimmerman was politically motivated and I bet he's very thankful that he didn't give them anything like that to "work" with.

Also, look how they went off about the "black talon" back in the 90's.

To each their own, but I don't want to give a possible malicious prosecutor and a CLEARLY biased against self defense media anything extra to breathlessly hyperventilate about if I am ever forced to defend myself with my gun.

As for wadcutters, I've contemplated them. Here's my 2 cents- any solid thats driven fast enough to be worth it may represent another problem: the thru-and-thru shot that hits the innocent passerby.

JHPs that properly expand tend to stay in the body, or else bleed off most of their energy to the point where if it punches thru it doesn't have much to hurt innocents on the other end.

I do not know if this is a risk with wadcutters, but I wouldn't load my handguns up with FMJ for this reason.

Last thing anyone should want, morally or legally, is for the projectile they fired in righteous self defense to go thru the attacker and strike anyone downrange not involved in the situation.

Last edited by Ramikrav; 09-26-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: spelling, as usual
The Following User Likes This Post: