View Single Post

Old 09-27-2015, 08:41 AM

Liked 11,761 Times in 3,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
Bruce- Please add details. Where did the bullets impact the animal? What was the effect of the WC loads and who made them? I've heard that if one must shoot a .32 Long, the Euro makers load the target ammo hotter than do US firms.

Shortly after I got this S&W 30-1 in 2008 a retired LEO on my mail route gave me a Charles Chips tin full of loose ammo. It had several hundred .32 cartridges in it; .32 Colt, .32 S&W and Long, .32/20, .32 a.c.p, and even some .32 WSL and .32 Remington rifle ammo. Most of the LRN ammo was Canadian, I do not recall the brand. IIRC the WC was R-P. Obviously he had gathered this up early in his career.

The LRN went down through the left side of the raccoon's body at an angle, shot from about the length of my F-I-L's Isuzu Trooper. The two WC rounds were fired CM from half that length, as I thought I missed and got closer. One or two of the LRN bullets did exit the body. I moved the Trooper, poured gasoline all over the raccoon, threw a pile of sticks on it, and burned it. I raked up the remains and double bagged it and threw it away at the dump.

That was a large raccoon. It tripped the motion detector lights on the house constantly. He knocked over and broke a portable gas grill we had on the porch. Anytime we were outside with food he would appear and try to intimidate someone to get food thrown at him. He is not missed.

Last edited by ColbyBruce; 09-27-2015 at 04:06 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: