View Single Post

Old 09-30-2015, 01:53 PM

Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock View Post
"shot in the right forehead and right cheek"

Just one to the skull. Half the head is not part of the central nervous system, hence will not result in an immediate stop of an assailant.

Humans can't be defined as tough. Some live through the impossible; some die from seemingly nothing.
Shot twice in the head and still driving a motor vehicle means, to me, that that person, if inclined to do so, is still capable of pulling a trigger, or even using said vehicle as a weapon.

Toughness is an individual characteristic, but without proper blood supply the brain will not function, with severe damage to the brain, same thing. No matter how tough.
The human skull takes advantage of the structural integrity of arches, like roman bridges. I'm sure people here have read anecdotes of rifle projectiles being deflected around the skull, especially around the forehead.... The weak points, for small calibers, are where the skull is compromised by sensory organs and such, where the dome shapes are not apparent.

Getting shot twice in the head and surviving puts a person in a special category of a very limited number of very lucky individuals. Being conscious and able to operate (to a limited extent) a motor vehicle makes it that much more so.

It also demonstrates to a fault the axiom- there are no magic bullets, and no guarantees.

Still, I'd be willing to put money on a bet that says this wasn't a service caliber with a defensive load.

Last edited by Ramikrav; 09-30-2015 at 02:03 PM.