View Single Post

Old 10-06-2015, 11:05 AM

Liked 263 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacan View Post
I have a 4" model 29-2 ( not really a snubby, I know) that I use as HD gun with 200 gr.JHP ammo from Underwood. I am currently out of them, so I had bought a box of their 200 grain hard cast wadcutters to try them out, and they are currently a temporary replacement. I know this thread is dealing with .38's, but I think this .44 round would be very effective.
Don't get me wrong; I love my Model 29-2; but I've, also, got no illusions about it being a good self-defense gun. It is entirely possible to accurately fire a 9mm pistol up to four times faster than a heavily recoiling 44 Magnum.

(I've often done it.)

9mm pistols have been - and are currently - approved by the New Jersey State Police for general issue and field service; but, to my knowledge, 44's (all of them) are only available to NJ State Troopers who apply, individually, and are then subsequently approved to use them.

Me, personally? If I knew I were going to be gunfighting for my life I, sure as heck, wouldn't want to be holding onto a 44 Magnum anything; and I don't care whether or not it's downloaded with 44 Special ammo.