View Single Post

Old 10-06-2015, 03:16 PM

Liked 79 Times in 19 Posts

Well, I got it back. Not fixed. I'm pissed. I'm not a patient person, and I don't have time for this malarkey. I admit, my expectations were high after so many fellow shooters telling me how much better their S&W triggers were than my Ruger's.

This is what I sent them:
Quote:
I’m having serious trigger pull problems. When I pull the trigger, after between ¼” and ½” of pull, the trigger stacks up, and hard. It stacks so hard, and so early in the pull, that when I finally break through it, there’s enough force to spin that cylinder way, way too fast, and I finish the entire trigger pull with no control whatsoever. It’s as if I was trying to shoot the darn thing as fast as humanly possible.

When I pull the trigger with the cylinder open, I can see the cylinder stop drop at the beginning of the trigger pull. The hang-up seems to be right before the cylinder stop pops back up through its hole. When that stop pops back up, the trigger lightens and pulls normally the rest of the way through.

I just shot it yesterday hoping it would work the problem out, but it didn’t. The problem is just a little less noticeable now, but it’s still bad.
They responded "replaced hand."

So what should I do? Should I violate common human decency and sell this expensive defective gun to someone else, cut my losses, and go back to Rugers? Maybe the next guy won't notice the trigger hang up. Should I open this thing up and try to fix it myself? I really don't want to send it back to S&W and wait another 2 weeks to find that they still haven't repaired the problem.

Last edited by ccjcc81; 10-06-2015 at 03:18 PM.