View Single Post

Old 10-10-2015, 10:08 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichLucky View Post
Hi Brasky!

And thank you for your reply!

RE: Eye's open: I have a lot of trouble with parallax error with boths eyes open. Although right-handed, my left eye is very dominant. And when using both eyes open , still tend to line up with my left, and squint with my right: that just seems natural to me now.

RE: front sights. Yeah: definitely gonna have to do something with my basic iron sights on my S&W BG 380: Either paint or modify the front, it just seems to add delay to acquire the target with the fixed sights the same color as the weapon.

Thanks again!

Rich
I am cross eye dominant as well. It was a pretty big obstacle to get over with shooting handguns, especially since my left eye is not completely dominant (I can still sight with my right eye with both eyes open, it is just much harder and takes a little bit of time). Because of this it became the #1 goal of my training. After a couple of months I finally got it licked. Now I shoot with both eyes wide open every time without even thinking about it. Unfortunately rifles are still a big issue. I pretty much have to close my left eye to effectively get a sight picture. I am contemplating learning to shoot left-handed.