View Single Post

Old 10-14-2015, 05:58 PM

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfool View Post
If you look into it, you will find most all manufacturers warn against using reloaded ammo. They simply have no control over what a person concocts on the loading bench. That's why the SAAMI exists, to set guidelines for safe ammo that the major firearms manufacturers build their products to match up with.

COULD have been a failure of your gun due to a defect, but I am betting that the combo of being am inexperienced reloader, along with your original questions about how hot you could load for your new model 29, and a lack of any info about what your loads were, pretty much answers the question of what happened. Sorry. JMO.

Larry
Understood, but every bit of load data I found lists maximum never to be exceeded SAAMI approved specifications.
So if handloads are built based on those specs they should be well within SAAMI specs.
Then if the manufacturer says that their guns will handle any SAAMI spec ammo and the handloads meet SAAMI specs then who's zooming who?
I can appreciate the opinions of those who say that I simply overloaded and blew it up as that is the most common scenario.
Since I can't prove otherwise, I have to respect their opinions.

Knowing what I know now, I can say that I have learned some valuable lessons and hopefully others may benefit from my misfortune.