View Single Post

Old 10-19-2015, 08:33 AM

Liked 777 Times in 407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by only2hands View Post
A few years ago(or so it seems) I saw a YouTube video featuring the new M&P Shield and said to myself, "I must have one". Well, today I finally took the plunge and bought one in 9mm with thumb safety. Why did it take me so long? I guess I was saving the best for last! I have had the opportunity to own and/or shoot several different brands of 9mm that fall into the sub-compact genre and have to say that S&W has really hit a home run with the Shield. From its good looks, to its ergonomics, and very manageable recoil, I have never been happier with a gun in this class. What else can I say? It's a keeper.
I bought a new S&W M&P9 Shield (without TS) in May, 2015. I hated it!
I could not rack the slide, break down and re-assembly was almost impossible, (for me) and the trigger pull was hard.
I could not shoot it very well and was so aggravated with it, that I was going to part it out! (the barrel alone was selling for
more then $255.00 on fleaBay). After I put the first 50 rds. through it, I noticed what looked like rust in the barrel!
I took it back to the LGS&R and showed it to the RO. He promptly told me that it was copper fouling not rust and that after I cleaned it with a solvent and brush, and shot another 100-200 rds. it would be fine.
I am very glad I did not part the gun out, as it is now my favorite. It has over 980 rds. through it and shoots very well.
The trigger pull is good, I can rack the slide, lock it, release it, (sling-shot) and break down & re-assembly are much easier! I can even load the magazines by hand. (I have the Uplula but don't need it)
I must agree with the majority of Shield owners' The shield is a clear winner! I think you will never be disappointed
with your choice of hand gun.

mb
The Following 3 Users Like Post: