View Single Post

Old 10-27-2015, 03:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,632 Times in 970 Posts

Well, I'm in the minority again. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with m..no, wait, never mind.

As a little boy, my mom and grandmother always bought Miracle Whip. It is what I grew to believe belonged on a sandwich.

I think the first time I had real mayonnaise was in my grade school lunchroom. It tasted "different." Not bad, just different.

In the service, the few months I was in the States, mayonnaise was served when appropriate and I ate it, actually coming to like it.

As a young married man, who did all the cooking, I tried different brands of mayonnaise, and really, really, don't like Helman's. Still don't to this day.

I love our No. 1 supermarket here in Florida, Publix. But they use their own brand of mayonnaise in their deli for their salads and sandwiches. I really don't like their ham or chicken salad because of that.

In our refrigerator, there is a jar of Kraft Miracle Whip, and a couple of others waiting for their turn in the pantry.

As a little boy, we didn't have a lot of money. One of my special treats was a mustard and Miracle Whip sandwich. Just two pieces of bread, mustard on one slice, Miracle Whip on the other and, sometimes, a little red pepper sprinkled on the Miracle Whip.

Know what? It's two hours before the wife will be home from work (okay, no lip over me being a retired gentleman who has a wife that still works. She likes it-honest she does).

Anyway, it'll then be about 2 hours and 45 minutes till dinner, so I might as well have a treat. I got bread, mustard and Miracle Whip.

Bob

I forgot, since I am in Afib, I have been told to avoid mayonnaise (a little would be okay), but they told me that Miracle Whip would not, like mayonnaise, have any effect on the blood thinner medication I take.

Last edited by straightshooter1; 10-27-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Add more wisdom.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: