View Single Post

Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 AM

Liked 802 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrafsr View Post
And the statement that a B/C gap of .003" is no good due to buildup of carbon, etc. on the cylinder and will cause binding, I say horse patooie.
I can't agree more. I set any I did up at 3 thou, with minimal yoke and cylinder endshake. I do a lot of shooting, virtually all with cast bullets. I have never had a problem. There are a couple of things you can do to help keep the gun from tying up with crud. First of all, clean it at least every decade or so whether it needs it or not. Also, tip the muzzle to the vertical when ejecting the shells to keep powder grains from getting under the ejector. Minimal endshake at the yoke and cylinder means it will stay that way for a lot of shots because they are not slamming back and forth at every shot. Especially important on the hard kickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbler View Post
The thing about many shops perhaps like Clark's is it's often not worth it to change a machine's set up or pull a guy free for a single barrel set back job.
If that's the situation, they should explain that to the customer to give him the opportunity to look elsewhere. Not pretend like it can't be done.

Last edited by aphelion; 10-31-2015 at 11:32 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: