View Single Post

Old 11-09-2015, 10:02 PM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

Great thread, don't know how I've missed it all these years, especially with it being brought back to life over and over.

I've had a few that would be at home here, though most have gone on to new homes. All but this one (you've probably seen it here before), it's staying with me 'til the end. My Krebs Custom 'CROWBAR' is an M28 Highway Patrolman customized by Marc Krebs back around 1987 for an IL cop. It's been converted to .45ACP with an M25 cyl and shortened and ported M25 barrel. The adjustable rear sight has been removed and the top strap modified into a fixed rear sight to match the custom front sight and serrated to match the barrel and stop glare. The hammer was bobbed but cross hatched and the frame relieved to allow it to be cocked for single action shooting. In addition the right side of the trigger guard has been cut away for fast access and the grip frame has been round butted. The custom ebony combat style grips have round ivory inserts with little crowbars scrimshawed on them. This is a pretty cool piece, it always makes me think that if autos never became popular, this is the revolver a modern gun fighter might carry.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Crowbar posing with a Krebs built ORM Colt 1991A1 Commander, this gun was built in the mid to late '90s when Marc was at the top of the custom 1911 game. They compliment each other well.