View Single Post

Old 11-10-2015, 11:26 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishoot View Post
Anecdotal perhaps. But this is the ONLY gun I've owned or shot that requires an unorthodox hold.
The M&P does not require an unorthodox hold.

Quote:
I really don't care how good an Apex trigger or barrel may be. Nobody should have to spend an additional $100-$200 in upgrades just to have a gun that's reasonably accurate for simple, casual plinking.
I completely agree. The M&P does not require an upgrade to shoot accurately. I know many who do just fine with the stock gun.

Quote:
My bone-stock, unmodified Glock 19, CZ75B, CZ SP01 Phantom, BHP, LC9 and Shield are spot-on with a center hold. Doesn't matter if I'm feeding them good ammo or **** ammo.
How you shoot a different gun is not definitive. It does let us know that you have at least the ability to shoot well. That doesn't mean you'll shoot well with every gun. I shoot my 1911 better than my M&P. That doesn't mean my M&P isn't accurate. It only means I don't shoot it as well as the 1911. From a rest, both guns are very accurate. The 1911 is better than the M&P, but that has nothing to do with how I shoot it.

The rest helps to eliminate the human factor. Shooting while standing introduces many gross errors. Whether the inaccuracies are you or the gun is unknown if you can't eliminate your influence.

Quote:
Even my friends M&P 40 shoots great with a center hold.
Well, that should tell you something. Why can you shoot his OK, but not yours? At first blush you might think it's your gun. Well, obviously you already think that. It certainly is a possibility. Alas, until you shoot it from a rest, you don't know that's true. A difference in triggers would account for your issues.

What always amazes me in circumstances like this, is how hard people resist shooting from a rest. Why not just do it?