View Single Post

Old 11-12-2015, 04:17 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrider711 View Post
When I shoulder the rifle and fire a shot down range I can hear the spring rattle inside the buffer tube.
Don't be too quick to want to change this. Personally I see it as a feature rather than a detriment.

Yes, there is a "boing" every time you shoot, except on the last shot. Then there is a simple thud. This change in sound alerts you to an empty magazine. Could save time in a match or save your life in a self-defense scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtrider711 View Post
I've found that the buffer tube is Mil-Spec so I need a Mil-Spec stock when I upgrade it. Now I've already said I love the rifle, but I don't like how "flimsy" the stock/buffer tube is.
The Mil Spec buffer tube is actually more robust than the civilian version. It is made from a different type of steel and should withstand more abuse than a civ buffer tube.

I believe what you're feeling is "flimsy" is the fact that the adjustable stock doesn't lock down tight when in position. When shouldered you shouldn't feel movement at all though. I know I don't on any of mine.

There are stocks out there that have locks to eliminate this movement. Their best feature is in separating you from your money. Seriously, they don't improve the function of the gun at all.