View Single Post

Old 11-13-2015, 02:54 PM

Liked 689 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
A chrome silicon spring will remove the spring noise. Damage Industries has the best prices. .Enhanced Spring, Recoil Buffer, Action, Carbine | Damage Industries If you wait a bit until closer to Xmas they should go half price like they did last year so you can buy two and give one to a shooting buddy for Xmas.

Spikes makes a ST-T2 buffer that uses tungsten powder instead of weights rattling back and forth which eliminates a little noise but I didn't notice much. Being slightly heavier it can make carbine gas systems softer shooting which is the primary reason folks buy them. Primary Arms usually has the lowest price but here is a link to Spikes,
Lower Parts - Spike's ST-T2 Heavy Buffer [SLA00T2] - $37.95 : Spikes Tactical.

I have both on my rifle and would buy again. Though... now that I have an adjustable gas block I probably wouldn't buy the Spikes.

The stock shouldn't make any noise when up against your shoulder shooting but some guys prefer the locking mechanism on the Magpul CTR stock. They are also equipped with QD sling attachment points which I use.
Seconded. I LOVE my Damage industries buffer spring, a very underrated mod for the reasons given in this thread.