View Single Post

Old 11-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Banned

Liked 356 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi71 View Post
One of my pet peeves is the revisionist reporting on Tet.

Here is what I have read as to be the real truth.

That it was a massive win for South Vietnam and the U.S. from what I have read. The VC came out and were killed off outright in numbers that supposedly left them ineffective for the rest of the war. This supposedly a plan by Ho Chi Minh to eliminate possible resistance from the VC when HE took over South Vietnam.

Another lie, repeated often, even on the disreputable history channel, "The VC got into the U.S. Embassy in Tet."

Only one V.C. got into the compund. He went into a building nearby the embassy and a civilian CIA/Spook or Army officer in civvies crawled into a window (I have seen video of this) with a M1911A1 .45. He hunted the VC alone in the building and killed him as he walked up a flight of stairs. The American was at the top of the stairs and shot the VC. He was not even looking up when he started to climb the stairs.

If Nixon had been running that war from 1964 it would have ended by 1968 probably because I don't think he would have screwed around.
Amen, brother! Thank you for telling the truth. Even when the NVRA and VC threw everything the had at us (including the kitchen sink) they couldn't defeat the SVRA wheil we were there to support them.

Bless you, my brother.
The Following User Likes This Post: