View Single Post

Old 11-24-2015, 07:40 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

What did they do with the original equipment used to make the 3rd gen's? And they still make limited runs for police departments that still issue 3rd gen's, so they already have the equipment set up somewhere. Just increase production.

As for businesses always doing what is best for the company, tell that to Colt. A premiere American made product has declared bankruptcy how many times now? They no longer make revolvers, the M4 contract has gone to FN, and their AR-15 is no longer the only game in town since pretty much everybody makes an AR (and a 1911, for that matter).

The M&P series is a success. No doubt about it. I think they're a better weapon than Glock, but Glock beat S&W to the punch so they're pretty much always going to be behind Glock when it comes to Tupperware sales. But there is no doubt that the 3rd gen's still have a market. As for MSRP, I'm calling BS on that one. SIG's don't need to be as expensive as they are, it's just people buying the name. S&W doesn't enjoy that elite reputation. Beretta and CZ still make metal framed hammer fired guns for a reasonable price. If they reintroduced the 5906 and put a $1000 price tag on it, even I wouldn't buy it. It's not worth $1000, especially with all the plastic and MIM parts the new one would have.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: