View Single Post

Old 11-24-2015, 03:35 PM

Liked 9,471 Times in 4,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
Alrighty then, color me the odd ball who is willing to spend the $1100 on an all metal pistol because this afternoon I will do something I swore I would never do. After work I will go to the LGS and take delivery of a Sig, an M11A1 to be exact. I would much rather be picking up a new S&W of the same size and action but since they don't exist I'll buy from some company that makes what I want.

This is not to say I'll trade in or otherwise dispose of the Shield. But damn, a 39 Classic would have so nice instead of having to stoop to buying a Sig.
Your post rings true. As I slowly approach the practical end of my 3rd Gen collecting and start to look at the other options before me for my remaining 4-1/2 good years, the Sig all-metal pistols appear to be the next obvious "investments" to consider. I enjoy shooting them at my (temporary) premium indoor range and my other options in all-metal handguns are either severely limited by state law or have already been adequately addressed. Plastic is fine to a point, but it just doesn't do much for me anymore.

The big problem, of course, is price. I am known locally as that poor, old "under $500" retired collector guy. Indeed, the longstanding agreement with my good wife is that I never buy a gun that costs more than $500 without her prior approval, which is hard to get and rarely granted.

To suddenly start spending double the current longstanding per-gun limit to start collecting Sigs is going to take a serious re-writing of our agreement. I'm not saying it will be impossible, but I'm sure going to have a whole lot of difficult 'splaining to do.