View Single Post

Old 11-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Liked 1,023 Times in 396 Posts

What the heck, I'll jump in on an old thread that is still a good topic.

I admit that I got used to carrying a Glock 22 on duty for quite a few years so the feel of a Glock does not bother me. Went to the store to touch and feel a Gen 4 Glock 19 versus an M&P9c. I really liked how that M&P felt in the hand in the store. To the point that it was worth a 45 minute drive and the cost of renting both at a range.

The Glock 19 shot fine, like a Glock. The trigger reset was what I remembered so nothing much unexpected. It is shorter than the 22 so the pinky finger was either in between the bottom of the magazine well and the magazine or it was off but that is something I can get used to. An extension might help too.

Took the M&P9c out and it felt good in the hand, until I shot it. The pinky finger did not seem to feel like an issue but after a few shots I noticed that the web of my hand was hurting. I changed my grip around but it still hurt in the web of my hand and I have never had this with any handgun that I have ever shot. So I went back and got the Glock for a few more shots and no hurting. Not sure why this was. I shoot mostly K frame revolvers these days with no pain and the recoil from either 9mm was nothing.

So, while I really thought I would come out in the market for an M&P I have decided a Gen 4 Glock 19 is for me at this point. If I get the chance to shoot an M&P9c again I will. Seemed like a fine gun that many would like. I am a fan of S&W and made in America does matter but...

I know in earlier threads I read comments about the M&P not having as nice of a trigger reset. Perhaps those old threads pre date a change but I thought both were easy to pick up.

I do not profess to be an expert on any of this but it reinforced the notion that when I buy anything other than a good old K frame S&W revolver I will see if the range I went to has the gun I am considering in it's rental pool.