View Single Post

Old 12-01-2015, 10:47 AM

Liked 173 Times in 51 Posts
Default Owned them both, Glocks first then S&W M&Ps

I no longer own any Glocks. As stated by the OP they all feel in my hands like I'm holding lumber, not a gun. The M&Ps on the other hand felt natural and right in my hands from the very first. Natural pointers. Reliability is a wash with both: never had any type of malfunction with either gun. Reset on the Glock vs no reset on the M&P. Who cares? Reset is overhyped by those in the gun press and by some professionals who frankly should know better. I challenge them to honestly recall ever feeling or worrying about reset when under stress, either an intense training scenario or in a real life engagement. I started out as a revolver shooter and as such never even knew what reset was until someone pointed it out to me on a 1911 one day. Interesting factoid with no real world importance what so ever. Final note on the M&P: it just works for me. True, it like the Glock has as much soul as a Ginsu steak knife; but hey, they also are elegant (in the engineering not fashion sense) and entirely utilitarian. For a working gun that you'll throw away when worn out, that's pretty good.

Now, ask me about my revolvers.

Keith
The Following 3 Users Like Post: