View Single Post

Old 12-01-2015, 11:09 AM

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnystrom View Post
I have owned one since they came out. It wears Crimson Trace LG 405 grips. I have shot all types of ammo through it. I recognize it is not a range gun, but it's ability to ride in a pocket holster and go totally unnoticed make it a terrific carry gun.
I run a few rounds of Gold Dot 135gr. through it every once in awhile and have seen no ill effects from having it secured in a car much of the time through MN winters and summers.
Use care when cleaning the cylinder as apparently the finish can be damaged. S&W also recommends light weight bullets not be used. I have experienced no lock issues, no bullet setback or jump from any of my handloads, or experienced any of the typical recoil related horror stories. I repeat, this is not my range gun. It is for SD carry and use only so I cannot say I have fired thousands and thousands or rounds without issue. Hundreds may be a better number in my case.
In my estimation, this may be one of the very best of the "concealable" firearms ever made.

What kinda damage to the finish? I just use solvent and oil on my guns. But in reality, seldom ever clean them unless they get really bad.