View Single Post

Old 12-03-2015, 02:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 19,060 Times in 6,882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
I was mistaken obviously in my previous posts. But while I see the SCSW notes regarding engineering changes what does not make sense as I noted was that a local shop I frequent has a mod 10 marked gun that is a five screw
If the model number is in the yoke cut and not merely on the sales tag, that would indeed be an oddity, since the top sideplate screw was discontinued two years before model marked guns were shipped. If it is just on the sales tag, the shop has simply mislabeled the gun. Where on the gun are the five screws that you are counting?

Quote:
a combat master piece I bought yesterday (a shooter grade) is a four screw but with no model number, and my friend also bought a 15 marked gun four screw with an earlier serial than mine! So often there are inconsistencies!
Four screw guns can either have a model number in the yoke cut or not have one. Both types exist. As for serial number overlap, that is not surprising either. Implementation of management orders was not immediate. There could be some late non-model marked guns with higher serial numbers than early model marked guns in the same model line. On the Combat Masterpiece, they would likely fall in the K317xxx to K320xxx range or thereabouts.
SWCA #2475, SWHF #318