View Single Post

Old 12-05-2015, 11:05 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Here is a Police revolver that has definitely been carried! I know, because I carried it. It was my first issue revolver, back in 1975, when I was first sworn in. It is a model 66 no dash. I traded the issue stocks to a guy with a model 10 and put his on my gun. I always carried it with an aluminum finish Tyler T grip, which I have but have mislaid somewhere. This is the revolver that I wore when I was working in uniform, below.

Below is the model 66 no dash 2 1/2" model 66 no dash that I was issued for plainclothes assignments. Both these guns were new in the box when issued. I'm the only one who ever carried either one of them. This one was also carried with a Tyler T grip. I still have the original boxes as well!! When our Department went to Glocks, we were allowed to buy our issue guns for whatever Glock was willing to give us on trade. I think that I paid about $375 total for both of these. But they are priceless to me.

When I retired, they presented me with my Glock 23. But probably no one wants to see a picture of it. Not very photogenic, although a very fine handgun.

Last edited by les.b; 12-05-2015 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Added text