View Single Post

Old 12-09-2015, 10:45 PM

Liked 272 Times in 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
As it is unknown what recipe (bullet) the OP is using and unknown what bullet the OP actually has, it is all speculation and there is no definitive answer as to what the COL should be. FMJ?, Plated? Lead?

How about profile, flat nose, HP. RN? It's all about were is the weight of the bullet? In the base, the nose, How much of the bullet is seated in the case, not how much is outside it.

Also as Fred mentions it is all related to the barrel and bullet fit.

If I had to follow printed data for my CZ Custom and MBC 9mm RN bullets I would never shoot it. They need to be seated so short in order to chamber so the powder choice is critical as is the amount of powder.

Some may wonder why we freak out about fast powders (Titegroup, Bullseye) in high pressure rounds as opposed to slower burn powders which will not raise pressures as quickly or drastically.

If one can not interpolated or adjust for these variables, perhaps just use Trail Boss powder.
I use my CZ75 B barrel for drop testing all my 9mm reloads. If a finished round will plunk in that barrel, it will chamber fine in my other 9mm pistols, an M&P FS, a shield and a Beretta M9. I adjust seating depth a bit at a time until the bullet is .015" clear of the rifling lands. This usually gives me a bit longer than book OAL. This lets me worry less about loading (mostly Power Pistol) in the upper half of the range. This CZ really shines with such loads.