View Single Post

Old 12-10-2015, 10:40 PM

Liked 29,290 Times in 14,151 Posts

At one time I played around with shooting Olympic Rapid Fire (back in the days when the .22 Short was the standard ORF caliber). Today it is the .22 LR. In any event, I bought a nearly new Hi-Standard Olympic model, and I still have it and still shoot it - in fact I did that this week. It never bothered me in the least that the slide release was on the right side and the magazine release was on the butt, as I wasn't doing any combat shooting with it. I have no idea how many thousands of rounds I have put through it, but I don't remember ever having a malfunction of any kind (except for a few dud rounds). Back when I was a Bullseye shooter, I used a Colt Woodsman Match Target (actually two of them, both postwar) for the .22 stage. I eventually sold both, but still wish I had hung onto at least one of them. I don't believe there was ever a finer production .22 target pistol made than the Match Woodsman. I eventually got to the point where my performance peaked, but not at the point that I was winning many matches, so I gave it up.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: