View Single Post

Old 12-16-2015, 06:02 AM

Liked 177 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelzip View Post
50 round box - 357 Magnum 125 Grain SJHP Hollow Point Remington HTP Ammo - RTP357M1

Can be bought on-line for under $20 a box, almost double that price at brick and mortar stores.
That stuff is out of stock everywhere online right now in the 125 grain.

Today I went to Walmart on my way to the range and they had the 100 packs of this stuff. Score! I did pay a bit more but hey, still a nice find.

I shot 50 tonight, mixed in my 2" all steel j-frame and 2.5" 386 nightguard.

I did some mixing of the cylinder loads with the Rem. SJHP, BB tactical short barrel, and some Barnes TAC-XPD. The Rem SJHP is hotter than both the BB TSB and Barnes (which is also a short barrel 1200 FPS load).

It also has huge muzzle blast, but it's a great round to start and finish with due to the almost equal recoil to my SD rounds. Much much cheaper. Even when bought at Walmart.

I got 300 rounds so it should last me quite a while if I don't haul off and shoot 50 rounds every time I go to the range.

Thanks for the tip. Now I'll just get some decent .357 FMJ cheapo stuff for in between start and finish. 1000 pack to build up the brass collection. Then I'll start reloading them. Hmmm... maybe my buddy will sell me some lead now that I think of it. He casts it I think..

Anyways...

I bought a chronograph tonight too....

Yep- OCD

Oh ya... on a side note I like the Barnes TAC-XPD better than the Buffalo Bore TSB, both in the 125 grain. Just a tad less punch and a 'rated out of 2" barrel' FPS of a bit more. And.....it's less expensive AND... regularly stocked at Cabellas as is the BB.

Last edited by Pdxrealtor; 12-16-2015 at 06:05 AM.